34 weeks today, I am.
Pregnancy symptoms I experience are sometimes overwhelming:
- Acid reflux, with stuff actually coming up.
- Index fingers randomly locking.
- Retaining water in my legs and on my belly (I didn't have swollen legs with my previous two pregnancies).
- Feeling pins and needles in my left quadriceps when standing.
- Difficulties taking deep breaths.
- Tiredness and weariness that even caffeine can't curb.
- Difficulty catching my breath when turning from one side to another whilst in bed.
- The list goes on. . .
will in the end, make me twirl and soar.
34 weeks am I today,
but the midwife did say.
Prepare yourself, they could come any day.
Between 2 and 3 pounds I have gained since last week,
may I not be dismayed
if it is growth that they seek.
My fundal height (44 cm) and the twins' position,
she says, could indicate,
time could be approaching to ready for some fun.
As for the particulars of the date,
only time will tell.
But when the painful labor contractions come,
my midwives will determine
whether the babies are getting ready or done.
Until then, I ask for 3 weeks to stay
please, to develop and grow in my belly.
Just wait until after my birthday,
and I'll get my hospital things and go readily.