Tuesday, Victoria turned 21 months. Victoria and her sister seem similar in some ways, but mostly, they seem so different in personality. Victoria, precious Victoria, is a bit spirited; even a friend who met her for the first time ever yesterday noticed it almost immediately. Victoria knows what she wants, how she wants it, when she wants it. Good thing she was talking by 12 months, or we'd be in deep, deep trouble. Spirited yet a cuddle bug.
Some of the things she's fond of doing lately:
- Singing songs. Not sure how many she knows; too many to count. Loves, loves, loves music.
- Climbing and finding new "seats."
- Um, nursing. I had been in the process of weaning her, but then less than a couple of weeks ago, she was sick. To help her get better faster, I nursed her more. Her sickness, whatever it was, didn't last long; not more than a few days. But, the repercussion was, she wanted to nurse more frequently. I was down to 2x a day, but now it was back up to 4-5 times a day. Kinda cute - when she wants to nurse, she says anything from mu nai (Mother's milk) to huan bian (switch sides, because after nursing for awhile on one side, I'll ask her if she wants to switch sides) to xiong bu (breast).
- Answering the question, "Where are we going?"
- Twirling and dancing.
- Throwing tantrums. I thought I should mention the good and lovely as well as the not-so-fun. She's even gone back to some of her simultaneous two-tone screams. I figure it's terrible two's behavior (though she's not quite two yet). Most of the time, I don't give her any attention (which is what the little screamers are usually desiring), positive or negative. Sometimes, I show her there are better ways or alternatives of getting what she wants.
- Sleeping with her three dogs: Aaron, Christine, and Bai Gou ("white dog," who is actually white with red ears and a green tale - a Christmas dog).
- Looking at books.
- Dressing up.